Tinkercad by Autodesk is a free, easy-to-use online program for 3D design, electronics, and coding. It's used by teachers, children, hobbyists, and designers to imagine, design, and make anything!
In this article, we will show you how you can export your 3D objects from Tinkercad into a compatible file format for upload into the Object Viewer app for viewing on the Merge Cube.
Follow these instructions to find out how to export your 3D object from Tinkercad:
Step 1 - Sign Into Tinkercad
- Go to https://www.tinkercad.com/
- Tap the “Sign In” button to sign into your Tinkercad account
- If you do not have a Tinkercad account, tap “Join Now” to create an account
- Hover over the 3D Object you want to Export and tap “Tinker this” to open the object
- If you have not yet created your object, tap “Create new design”
- If you are new to Tinkercad, check out the tutorials at https://www.tinkercad.com/learn to get started creating your object!
- With your object open, tap “Export”
- Tap “OBJ” to begin your export
- Wait for the object to download onto your device
Now you can sign in to your Merge Account on the Dashboard and upload your 3D Object using the Object Uploader.
Finally, you can use the Merge app, Object Viewer, to view your own 3D Object in the palm of your hand with the Merge Cube, or share your object with your class.
Now that you know how to export 3D objects from Tinkercad, and how to upload those objects to view and share using the Object Viewer app, you may want to learn more about how you can create your own Collection of 3D Objects in Object Viewer.