Now that you’ve learned how to upload your own 3D objects and view them on the Merge Cube, it is time to learn how you can create your own unique collections to share. Creating custom collections allows teachers to focus only on specific teaching aids, and allows students to group objects together for a presentation or project.
In this article your learn how to:
- Create A Collection in the Object Viewer App
- Add Objects to a Collection in the Object Viewer App
Create A Collection in the Object Viewer App
- Open the Object Viewer app and sign in
- Open the menu by tapping on the menu button the top-left corner of the screen
- Tap “My Collections” to open your collections page
- Tap “Create New Collection”, then enter a title and description for your collection. You also have the option to make the collection private, which will prevent the collection from being viewed publicly (unless you share the link or collection code)
- Tap “Confirm” to finish creating the collection
Add Objects to a Collection in the Object Viewer App
- Browse objects you would like to add to your collection in the Objects,Collections, My Objects, My Favorites, or My Downloads tabs
- Once you find an object, tap on the object’s thumbnail to load it up
- Tap the object’s name at the bottom of the screen to open the object details page
- Tap the “Add To” icon at the bottom of the page, then tap the check box next to the collection you wish to add the object to.
- Tap “Done”
Now that you know how to create your own unique collections, you can start organizing teaching aids along with your own 3D creations to form collections that compliment your lessons and presentations.