Using Free Content in Merge EDU Apps With Your Students
Merge EDU apps are free to use, but require an account to login. If you would like to use free content in any of the Merge EDU apps with your students, we can help you get started!
Please Note: Free accounts do not have any association with a school/district, or with each other. They exist completely independently of each other.
There are two ways to unlock a free Merge EDU account for your students:
- Have students create their own free account
- Create a single free account that all students log into
If you have never unlocked the free trial of Merge EDU, we highly recommend signing up for one! With the free trial, you will be able to add students and classes, get access to all the content in Merge EDU apps for yourself and students, and get access to resources like STEM projects and activity plans for the trial period.
Have students create their own free account
The benefit of having students create their own free Merge EDU account is that they will be able to upload up to five 3D objects, and they will be able to take the quizzes inside the free topic cards in the Merge Explorer app. To have students create a free account, ask them to follow the steps below:
- Open any Merge EDU app and tap "Sign up for a Merge EDU account"
- You do not need a join code to create a free account. Students will select “continue without.”
- Students should select “student” as their role.
- Students can use a SSO tool like Google, or create a username and password to sign in.
- If your students do NOT use a single-sign on tool, they should create a username and password.
- Students will also need to select account recovery questions, in case they forget their password, then press “Continue.”
- That’s it! Your students should now be able to login to the Merge EDU apps.
Creating a single free account for all students to log into
Another way to get students using the free content in Merge EDU apps is to create a generic account that all student devices can log into at the same time.
Note: We only recommend this option for students who will not be uploading their own 3D objects to hold on the Merge Cube, or taking the quizzes in the free topic cards in Merge Explorer. If the only thing you want your students to do is explore the free content in Merge EDU apps, this is a suitable solution.
Once you have created the account, use the credentials you created or the SSO information to sign in on your student devices.
Now that you know how to create a free Merge EDU account for your students, we hope you will visit TryMerge.com to start a free trial to see everything the schoolwide subscription has to offer! With the free trial, student accounts will be connected to your teacher account, and students will be able to access all the science simulations, digital teaching aids, and globe activities as well as activity plans, STEM projects, and more.