with your Merge AR/VR Headset
Google has ended support for virtual field trips, which means the Miniverse feature of the Merge Headset will no longer work. We are saddened by this, since we have long been believers in the educational power of 360º videos and virtual field trips.
However, not all is lost, and we want to share exciting news: the Merge Headset now works with Merge EDU apps using the new Headset Mode! This allows a full color passthrough XR experience!! Read more about it here.
With headset mode, you can fully immerse yourself in the learning experience, using the Merge Headset to interact with Merge EDU apps in a Mixed Reality environment. This is truly cutting-edge technology, and we are thrilled to be able to offer this to our customers.
We understand that this change may be disappointing, but please know that as a company we are committed to supporting your purchase and ensuring that the Merge Headset continues to be a valuable tool for your learning and teaching needs.
Thank you for your continued support, and we can't wait for you to experience the future of education with the new Headset Mode feature inside Merge EDU apps.
Follow the instructions below to get the most out of your Merge Headset:
- Safety Tips
- Compatible Devices
- Using with Merge EDU apps
- Additional Tips
Safety first! Be sure to take your safety seriously when using the Merge AR/VR Headset by following these recommendations:
- Use only in a safe environment free from pets and other hazards
- Remain seated at all times
- Take frequent breaks
- Use only under adult supervision
Read our complete health and safety information here
Using Your Headset with Merge EDU apps
The Merge AR/VR Headset is compatible with all 3 Merge EDU apps - Merge HoloGlobe, Merge Object Viewer, and Merge Explorer. Follow these steps to use "Headset Mode" in any the apps:
- Download Merge HoloGlobe, Merge Object Viewer, or Merge Explorer here: Downloading Merge EDU apps.
- Launch the app on your device and select one of the Activities.
- Select the "Headset" icon from the top right side of the home screen. Alternately, you can select "Headset" from the interaction screen after starting an activity.
- Slot your device into the front of the headset, making sure the camera is facing the pop-out window.
- Hold your Merge Cube in your hand, and gaze at the various options. To select, tap the input button at the top of the headset.
Adjusting the Lenses
The Merge Headset has lenses that adjust for the distance between your eyes, known as IPD (inter-pupillary distance). To adjust the lenses, use your thumb and forefinger to grasp the top and bottom of the lens adjusters and move them in an in/out motion until you can see clearly and comfortably.
Using the Input Buttons
The input buttons are found at the top of the Merge Headset, on top of the lens adjusters. With the input buttons, you can interact with VR apps and experiences, without the need for a separate controller. Depending on the app or experience, tapping one or both of the input buttons will pause the experience, or select an item.
The Merge AR/VR headset works with a number of iOS and Android devices. Tap the link to this help article to learn more about the size and technology requirements.