Google Workspace for Education Policy Changes
This article goes over Google Workspace for Education policy changes that can impact students using Google credentials after October 23, 2023. To ensure there are no issues during the sign-in process, the Google Workspace for Education administrator needs to mark Merge as trusted.
Note: These changes do not impact you if your school or district does not use school-administered Google credentials for student logins, or if your students are over the age of 18.
Steps to approve Merge on Google Workspace for Education:
- Log in to your Google Workspace for Education admin account
- Navigate to the Admin console and click on 'Security'
- From the Security menu, select 'API Controls'
- Under 'Third-party apps', click on 'Manage third-party access'
- Click on the '+ Trusted' button and search for 'Merge'
- Select Merge from the search results and select 'Add'
Please visit Google Support for more assistance in configuring third-party app settings.
What happens if Merge is not set as trusted?
Any user under 18 will not be able to sign into Merge using the School-administered Google Credentials after October 23, 2023.
Who can I contact to help if I think this is affecting me?
Only the Google Workspace for Education administrators can review access settings for Merge in the Google Admin Console. You can reach out to your IT Team to verify access.
If you have questions for Merge, don’t hesitate to reach out to email@example.com.