Ready to get started with your Merge EDU platform free trial?
Your free trial of Merge EDU provides access to over 1,000 hands-on digital teaching aids, over 100 interactive science simulations, and the Merge EDU Dashboard where you’ll find helpful resources like Activity Plans, STEM Projects, and more.
If you have not yet started a free trial with Merge, be sure to visit www.mergeedu.com to sign up.
So how do you get started? In this article, we’ll cover everything you need to know to be successful with your Merge EDU Free Trial. Just follow the steps below:
- Start your Free Trial
- Invite colleagues to join your trial
- Activate your Merge EDU account
- Download the Merge EDU apps
- Sign-in to Unlock Content
- Set up your Merge Class
- Get a Merge Cube
Step 1. Start your Free Trial
Follow these steps to get started with a free trial:
- Go to MergeEDU.com and tap “Start My Free Trial”
- On the “Do you have a Join Code?” page, either enter it if you have one, or tap “Continue” under “No, continue without”.
- On the next page, select the role that best describes you: Administrator, Teacher, Parent, or Student.
- When you get to Account Setup, you can create your account in one of two ways:
- OR, fill out the form below with your email address and a password, and tap “Continue”. Then, follow the prompts to fill in your First & Last Name and how you plan to use Merge EDU.
- Finally, fill in your Organization’s name and tap “Continue”.
Step 2. Invite colleagues to join your trial
Make your free trial a more collaborative experience by inviting your colleagues to join you! This next page allows you to enter the email addresses of those you would like to join your free trial, and will send them an invitation to join. Be sure to separate the emails with commas.
Once you have all of the emails entered, tap “Continue”.
Those you invite should receive an email entitled “Invitation to Merge EDU”, which contains a link to how they can sign in:
If you do not want to invite any of your colleagues to join your trial, tap “Skip”.
Finally, tap “Finish”.
Step 3. Activate your Merge EDU account
Once you have created your account at www.mergeedu.com, you will need to activate your account by verifying your email.
You will receive an automatic email from email@example.com entitled “Activate your Merge Account”. This email will include a link (highlighted above) to verify your account.
Be sure to tap the link in the email to verify your account.
Note: If you don’t see this email in your inbox, be sure to check your spam folder or ask your IT department to make sure the emails are not being blocked by your school’s firewalls. You can also contact the Merge Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Step 4. Download Merge EDU Apps
The Merge EDU Platform includes the Object Viewer and Merge Explorer apps. Merge EDU apps work with most iOS and Android phones or tablets, as well as some Chromebook devices.
The first thing you’ll want to do is download the apps on your compatible device:
Step 5. Sign-in to Unlock Content
To unlock all the content in the Merge EDU Apps and Dashboard, you will need to sign in with the Merge account you created earlier by entering your email and password.
You can also sign in with SSO (single sign on) if the email you used to create your Merge account is also connected to one of the SSO we support: Microsoft, Google, Classlink, Clever, or Apple.
- Sign in to Merge EDU apps to unlock the content in these apps. Just select the profile icon inside the app and use your Merge account to log in.
- Sign in to the Merge Dashboard to manage your classroom and access resources like Activity Plans, STEM Projects and more.
Step 6. Set up your Merge Class
The Merge EDU free trial gives you administrator access, which allows you to add teachers, set up classes, and add student accounts.
Step 7. Get a Merge Cube
Now that you have downloaded the apps, verified your account, signed in, and added a teacher and students to your trial subscription, it’s time to get a Merge Cube!
If you don’t already have a Merge Cube for yourself and your students, you’ll need to get one to experience holding and interacting with digital objects.
Now that you’re all set up, it’s time to begin using Merge EDU to help your students learn science, master STEM, and be future ready! To help you get the most of your free trial of Merge EDU, we’ve created an easy-to-follow checklist of the amazing things you absolutely need to do.
Your Free Trial Checklist:
✅ Hold a Digital Object in the Palm of Your Hand
✅ Place a Digital Object in the Real World
✅ Interact with a Science Simulation
✅ Explore Digital Teaching Aids
✅ Walk Through an Activity Plan
✅ Investigate STEM Projects
✅ Tour the Merge Dashboard
✅ Understand Grant Opportunities
✅ Read the Buying Guide