How to Whitelist Emails
Whitelisting an email means setting your email provider to allow emails from specific senders into your inbox instead of being filtered into spam.
This is especially so that you receive all automated emails from Merge, such as password recovery emails. This helps to avoid missing important emails in your inbox and having to look through your spam folder!
Read through the sections below on whitelisting emails for:
- Mobile Devices
You can also submit a request to your IT department to add mergeedu.com to their approved domains.
How to Whitelist an Email using Gmail
If you’re using Gmail as your email provider, it’s easy to set things up so that a given sender is whitelisted for all future communications.
The Gmail whitelist process can be done quickly through the web client:
- Click the settings button (in the top-right corner of the screen), then select “Settings” from the resulting drop-down menu.
- Navigate to the tab labeled “Filtered and Blocked Addresses” to access information about your existing filters.
- Select “Create a new filter” and enter the emails or domains you want to whitelist. You will want to whitelist the domain “@mergeedu.com”. This will tell Gmail to approve every message from a Merge EDU email address.
- Click “Create filter” to approve the new filter, then mark “Never send to Spam” to whitelist every email within the filter. You can also choose to Star these emails, apply a given label, or mark them as important.
You can also whitelist a domain on the Gmail mobile app, if you received a Merge EDU email in your Spam/Junk folder:
- Open the Gmail application.
- Navigate to Spam or Junk Folder.
- Find the email from Merge EDU, then click on it to view.
- Select the option "Report not spam".
- You will now be able to receive messages from Merge EDU as normal!
How to Whitelist an Email in Outlook.com
You can whitelist a domain in Outlook.com by adding it to a group called “safe senders”. An address that has been added to safe senders will be pushed to your inbox regardless of your spam filters.
To add an address or domain to safe senders:
- Click on “Settings”, then “View all Outlook settings”.
- Go to “Junk email”, then choose “Safe senders and domains” or “Safe mailing lists”, and tap “Add” to select the domain you want to whitelist.
- Enter the domain name “@mergeedu.com” to Safe senders.
You can also whitelist a domain on the Outlook mobile app, if you received a Merge EDU email in your Spam/Junk folder:
- Open Outlook Mobile App.
- Navigate to Spam or Junk Folder.
- Click on the Merge EDU email that you want to whitelist.
- Click on the three dots in the top right corner.
- Click "Move to focused inbox".
- When the pop up screen comes up, click "Move this and all future messages".
How to Whitelist an Email in Mac OS X Mail
- In the top main menu, go to “Mail” then “Preferences.”
- Under the “Rules” tab, click on “Add Rule” and name the rule.
- In the 1st dropdown, select “any” (ie. “If any of the following conditions are met”).
- In the 2nd dropdown, select “From.”
- In the 3rd dropdown, select “Ends with” and enter the email address you want to whitelist. If you want to whitelist an entire domain, business or organization, use the @ symbol followed by the domain name (ex. @mergeedu.com).
- For the “Perform the following actions,” select “Move Message,” “to the mailbox,” and “Inbox” and click OK.
Whitelisting Email Address on Mobile Devices
iOS Devices – iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch
Find the emails you want to whitelist and tap the sender, then select add to “New Contact” or “Add to Existing Contact.”
Android Devices – Samsung, Google Nexus, Others
In the default email client, select the sender picture thumbnail in any email from mergeedu.com, then Click OK to add to contacts.
Now that you know how to whitelist a domain in your email, you should be able to receive all of our messages! You might also need to whitelist our site domains in your networks firewall: check out this help article for information on how to do so.