Merge EDU lets science teachers explain concepts effectively with powerful, hands-on digital teaching aids and interactive simulations, which can be presented online and accessed from home.
Our standards-aligned activity plans are designed for both in class and remote learning. And, with a large library of science content and integrated quizzes, teachers have everything they need to be successful teaching science remotely!
In this article we will introduce the main components you’ll need to know to effectively teach science remotely using Merge EDU.
- Getting Students Onboarded
- Preparing your Lesson
- Sending out Resources
- Teaching your Lesson
- Checking Student Progress
- Check to see if your students have access to a Compatible Device - they will need to have access to one of these devices to run the Merge EDU apps.
- Download Merge EDU Apps - learn how to download the Merge EDU apps here.
- Make sure all Students have created and activated their Merge Accounts - learn how students can create an account here and how to activate their student account here.
- Sign into your Administrator or Teacher Account at https://dashboard.mergeedu.com to search for science simulations and/or digital teaching aids to integrate into your lesson.
- For science simulations, read through our standards-aligned activity plans and follow the steps to familiarize yourself with the app.
- Make sure your students have access to a Merge Cube. A printable Merge Paper Cube can be used in remote-learning situations.
- Send out share links for your lesson. Check out these articles on how to share topic cards, teaching aids and activity plans.
- Instruct Students to follow the Merge Activity Plan for science simulations or simply integrate the digital teaching aids into your existing lesson plan for them to follow.
- Present a live demonstration or recording during a live lesson to show students how to use the apps. Learn how to present with Zoom or Google Meet, or learn how to pre-record your lesson here.
- Give Assignments for students to complete and turn in - assignment ideas can be found in the Merge Activity Plans.
- Use the Integrated Quizzes to help students test their knowledge. Learn more about our integrated quizzes here.
- Track Student Progress on the dashboard to make sure all of your students have completed the assigned activities.
We hope you have a good understanding of the ways Merge EDU can help your students learn science remotely, while giving you the tools to be successful integrating it into your online lessons! Be sure to read through our other help articles to dive deeper into step-by-step instructions and to find additional helpful information.
Have fun teaching with Merge!