Now that you’ve seen how to hold and interact with the science simulations and digital teaching aids in Merge EDU, you can start using some of the additional features the apps offer!
Once a 3D object is being viewed on the Merge Cube, you can use the ‘Stamp’ tool to create a virtual ‘stamp’ of the object, so that it stays in place even when you take away the Cube. With the ‘stamp’ tool, you stamp multiple iterations of the same object from different angles, or to stamp different objects next to each other to compare and contrast.
In this article, you’ll learn how to use the stamp tool in Merge EDU apps.
- Stamping in Merge Explorer
- Stamping in Object Viewer
When you’re ready to start, just follow these steps:
Stamping in Merge Explorer
- Launch Merge Explorer and open a Topic Card.
- Select an Activity, and press play to run the simulation on the Merge Cube.
- Tap the “Stamp” icon at the bottom-right corner of the screen to stamp an instance of the simulation in place. Now the 3D object remains in place even when you remove the cube!
- You can stamp several instances of the same simulation to compare different states side by side. You can also tap on the ‘stamped’ simulation to continue to interact with it!
Stamping in Object Viewer
- Launch the Object Viewer app and select a digital teaching aid.
- Download the object to hold it on the Merge Cube.
- Tap the “Stamp” icon at the bottom-right corner of the screen to stamp an instance of the 3D object in place.
- Stamp several different objects next to each other to compare and contrast different digital teaching aids.
- Tap the 3D object to scale and adjust the positioning of your stamped object.
Now that you’ve learned how to stamp objects in your environment, you are free to walk around the object and view it from all angles!
Next, see this article on how you can use the Place in the World feature.