If you would like to cancel your monthly or annual individual subscription to one of the Merge apps, you can do so directly from your device’s app store or Settings.
Please note that since individual licenses to Merge apps are distributed via the app stores, Merge does not have the ability to remotely cancel a user's subscription, and it must be done from your end. Uninstalling an app does not cancel the subscription.
Below we’ll go over the steps of how to cancel a subscription on iOS and Android:
Canceling a subscription on an iOS device
Follow these steps to cancel a subscription on an Apple device:
- Open the “App Store” app.
- Tap your profile icon at the top-right of the screen.
- Tap “Subscriptions”.
- Tap the subscription (under “Active”) that you want to manage. Note: there are two Merge apps marked “MERGE EDU Premium” - Merge Explorer and Object Viewer. You may have a subscription to one or both of these apps.
- Tap “Cancel Subscription”. If you don’t see “Cancel Subscription,” then the subscription is already canceled and won't renew.
Canceling a subscription on an Android device
Follow these steps to cancel a subscription on an Android device:
- Open the “Google Play” app.
- At the top left, tap the menu icon.
- Tap “Subscriptions”.
- Select the subscription you want to cancel. Note: there are two Merge apps marked “MERGE EDU Premium” - Merge Explorer and Object Viewer. You may have a subscription to one or both of these apps.
- Tap “Cancel subscription”, then follow the prompts to complete the cancellation.
Canceling a subscription on a Windows device
Follow these steps to cancel a subscription on an Windows device:
Go to Services & subscriptions and sign in with the Microsoft account you used to purchase your subscription. It's important to use that account.
Find your subscription and select Manage. Note: If you see "Turn on recurring billing" instead of a link that says "Manage", this means your subscription is already set to expire on the date shown and you won't be automatically charged after this date. There's nothing further to do at this time and you can continue to use the product until the subscription expires.
On the next page, select Cancel (or it might say Upgrade or Cancel, depending on your subscription type).
Scroll through and follow the instructions on the page to proceed with cancellation. To view our complete cancellation policy, see Microsoft Store Terms of Sale.
We hope this article was helpful in showing you how to cancel an individual subscription to Merge EDU. We hope you’ll give our apps a try again in the future!
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our dedicated support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.